Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sweet Aunt Betty Jo

Sweet Aunt Betty Jo's funeral was today. She is my dad's aunt who lived in Bryan all of her life. She was a precious woman who gave her heart in everything she did. She loved the Lord and she loved her family. I wasn't a grandchild, but she always treated us as her own. We spent many, many weekends, evenings, holidays and celebrations with Aunt Betty Jo and Uncle Jack. In fact, the first time Jeff met my family was with EVERYONE at their house just before an Aggie game. She battled lung cancer this past year and now she is at home with the Lord. We will miss her so very much. I am terribly sad that I wasn't able to be there today, but I am thankful I got to visit with her in April while we were home. I can't imagine going to Aggieland and not being able to see our beloved Aunt Betty Jo. But I know that she is pain free and worshipping her Savior.

No comments: